Hui Luotuo bookshop
This bookshop was created in 2004. At present, most items of the shop are about the qin, including instruments, books and CDs/VCDs/DVDs, among others.
The Tanhai Pine (Photo: Zhou Wenwen)
Hui has been taken from Anhui, and the Chinese word Luotuo means camel. Anhui is a beautiful province in east China, with many mountains, including Huangshan, one of the most famous mountains in China. Although there is no camel in Anhui, people from there often compare themselves to camel, because the camel is hardy, honest, persistent and dauntless.
List os some available items
Below you will find some interesting items. Please, visit the above external link to view their full complete catalogue.
- Guqin Foundation Course, by Li Xiangting ( 古琴实用教程 )
A lot of fingering techniques for both hands are explained in this book, with detailed pictures of finger positions. The book also contains many exercises and eleven pieces (all include guqin tablature and staff notation). Chinese text.
- Guqin Teaching 2VCD, by Li Xiangting ( 李祥霆——古琴教学 )
The companion of the book above. Chinese audio and no subtitles. It includes a booklet with a few exercises and the four pieces played on the VCD.
- Guqin Foundation Course 5VCD, by Wu Zhao ( 吴钊——古琴基础教程 )
Chinese audio and no subtitles.
- A Guqin Course for Children ( 少儿学古琴 )
A simple book, with no staff notation, including a DVD with many pieces played by children. Chinese text. (DVD with chinese audio and no subtitles).
- Collected Guqin Pieces, vol.1 & vol.2 ( 古琴曲集 )
Compiled by the Beijing Guqin Research Society, these two books contain many pieces in staff notation and qin tablature. Chinese text.
- How to play the guqin, by Gong Yi ( 古琴演奏法 )
This book includes two audio CD of the pieces in the book. Chinese text.
- Important Elements of Qin study vol.1 & vol.2, by Gu Meigeng ( 琴学备要 )
Two handwritten volumes about the guqin and its performance, including correct posture, and an explanation of the notation. Chinese text.
- Qinshi Chubian, by Xu Jian ( 琴史初编 )
A preliminary History of the Qin. Chinese text.
- Zhongguo Qinshi Yanyi, by Yan Wei ( 中国琴史演义 )
Anecdotes about qin players. Chinese text.
- Humanity Oral And Intangible Cultural heritage Collection - Guqin ( 人类口头与非物质文化遗产丛书——古琴 ) Chinese text.
- Cunjian Guqin Qupu Jilan ( 存见古琴曲谱辑览 )
Zha Fuxi's catalog of qin scores and music. Chinese text.
- Qin favourite pieces by Wu Wenguang ( 吴文光古琴精选 )
Two 2DVD sets, almost 4 hours of qin music to view and listen. The booklets texts are in chinese and english.
- Some Qin facsimiles of interest
- Chinese Guqin Treasure Gathering, editor Wu Zhao ( 中国古琴珍萃 )
This book is an indispensable reference for the qin researcher/student. It includes a lot of high-quality pictures of many old qins. Chinese text.